Monday, April 02, 2007

Curiosity Kills a CAT!

Lately my friends are quite concerned with my love life. I wonder if it’s due to my age – 33 & 1/2 or they expect me to be romantically involved with someone because just about everyone is dating. NOT ME!

I’ve said it once too many and I’ll say it for the record: I DON’T FIND ANYONE INTERESTING YET!

Don’t get me wrong. I do meet some of the finest young single men out there (sometimes married ones too!) but they simply don’t turn me on. It’s not their fault. I know what I want and I’ll know it when he’s got it. Most guys are better off being my friends and they can expect a lifetime friendship with me.

In my younger days I dated nonstop to a point where I lost track of the guys I’ve been out with. I’ve gone on dates because I wanted to embrace equal opportunities and give boys the benefit of the doubt. Who knows? Maybe they’d prove me wrong.

Now I’d rather stay home than go on a meaningless date when I know that fine young man will get nowhere with me. There’s no time like the present and that’s why men shouldn’t waste time on me when I'm 99.999% sure that I’m not interested.

Since I don’t have much to share in regard to my love life, some have come up with ideas of their own.

I received a friend’s Email the other day and he wrote, “I’m sorry that things didn’t work out with Mr. Canada.” I can’t begin to tell you how annoyed I was when reading that Email. WHAT?! What are you sorry for? ‘Cuz I’m not!

Here’s the scoop! We hit it off and had a great time together. It was definitely more than a fling. We’re mature adults and we handled it like the grown-ups. But it’s not like we tried to pursue anything further. However, I won’t rule out anything in the future. In the meantime we both have important matters to attend to and therefore we’re happy with the way things are now.

It’s been so long since I met anyone who can make my heart flutter. Some can sustain through the first impression and then it’s downhill after that. Perhaps I’m jaded and I end up losing my interest fast.

Maybe I’m jinxed ‘cuz every time I meet someone new, I find out something unpleasant about him that will cause me to lose my interest instantly.

During a dinner party last Saturday, a girlfriend asked me if marriage is in the future. I sure hope so. She’s married to an almost perfect gentleman who’s a bit slow. He drives her crazy when he pauses too long for no reason. So her motto is “Not all marriages are meant to last forever. You do have a choice – DIVORCE.”

Call me old-fashioned. I don’t plan on divorcing my future husband after I say “I Do!” Therefore, I’m taking it very seriously. On the other hand, I get turned off easily.

Once on a date I was being scolded for spending money on a pair of shoes from Gucci. I couldn’t understand why he was giving me hell. It’s not like I called him up while trying on shoes in the store and asked him to buy me a pair of Gucci.

Here’s another occasion. We shared a cab on the way home and my date insisted on spilt the fare. There’s nothing more of a turn-off than this!

There’s a guy I met through work whom I was slightly interested. He called and invited me to have dinner with him on his birthday. How little I knew that what he wanted the most is for me to pay for his big fat juicy steak!

Recently I attended a gala with a seemingly generous gentleman. The goody bags almost ran out but one was left. He took it gladly and shoved it in his coat pocket without offering it to me. I wasn’t offended but I vowed not to be seen in public with him ever again!

So, please stop asking if I’m romantically involved with anyone. When I say No, it means N-O, NO! Don’t second-guess the future state of my happiness. If there’s anyone worth my time and effort, trust me, you’ll see us two lov birds all over tghe planet! You'll get so sick of our lovey dovey. Until then, try not to jinx my love life!