Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mark Wahlberg in "Shooter" - You're My New Action Hero!

Part of my work is to attend movie screenings and talk about them on my radio show afterwards. It's truly a perk because I can't remember the last time I paid for a movie!

Some radio hosts choose not to watch the movies and instead they use the information that's already available as show prep material. Well, I won't recommend my listeners to watch a movie that I have not seen. I'm not saying that I'm a professional movie critic. Cinema, much like perfume, is a very personal thing. However, I do hope that my listeners will listen to what I have to say about the movie before they spend money on it. Don't you get all upset when you just watch a horrible movie in the theatre and there's no way you can ask for your money back?!
Today I had the chance to see "Shooter," featuring Mark Wahlberg. This movie will open worldwide on Friday, March 23. I don't know about you but I remeber him as Marky Mark when he was the underwear model for Calvin Klein. He's done quite a few movies after he stopped rapping. Suprisingly he's pretty good at acting. I really like him in The Departed last year which scored him an Oscar nomination. He's come along way from a troubled teen who's been arrested at least 20 times to the red carpet of the Academy Award.

I'm sure that men have a different idea for action heroes. For me, Mark Wahlberg's body is just to die for! Talk about yummy....he's good enough to eat! His muscular physique just makes any woman drool!

Overall, "Shooter" is a good flick. It makes you think twice about what you read in the paper. I had my reservation before going to the movie. But it's definitely an action-packed and will keep you on the edge of your seat!