Saturday, August 08, 2009

The Man Who Spends His Money All On Me

The rumor has it that he is making good money this year despite the economic downturn. He is 38 years old and acts like a high school boy. The only difference between he and a high school kid is that he’s a kid who holds a full-time job.

On the way to the airport I ask him what he does with the money he makes. He replies laughingly, “I spend it all on you!”

Ain’t that the truth? From the day we met he has taken me to some of the nicest restaurants that this town has to offer. He’s a big spender when it comes to wine n’ dine and I’m usually the beneficiary. He’s not only into fine dining but he’s also an excellent cook.

For someone who literally studies food as well as he does, I just assume that he goes out to eat very often. According to my secret source and the man himself, he only goes out to eat when I’m around. No wonder he tells me that he spends serious money on me. But why? Why me?

He always offers to pick me up from the airport whenever I return from a trip. Even though I don’t always go to him first, but every time I need a ride, he makes himself available nonetheless. And he always takes me to eat before dropping me off at the airport – ‘cuz he says no one should get on the plane feeling hungry – and treats me to a feast as soon as I land – ‘cuz “you must be hungry and dying for some good food after that horrible meal on the plane!” he says.